When buying a newly built home, a need for foundation repairs is typically far out of mind for new homeowners.
Surprisingly, as many as twenty-five percent of new construction homes require foundation repair solutions due to some problem encountered during construction.
Though issues might not appear immediately, these are the more common problems requiring foundation repair services for new homes within the first few months or years of their lives.
Problems With the Soil
The most common causes of damage that require some sort of foundation repair in new-construction homes are issues related to the soil and the preparation of the building site:
- Poor Soil Compaction - Although some amount of minor settling is normal, contractors try to minimize the amount of settling that will happen by compacting the soil where the structure will be installed. The more compact the soil, the less settling will typically occur. Foundation repair services frequently find that when the soil has not been properly compacted, excessive or uneven settling that causes cracks and other problems is common.
- Improper Soil Grading - The purpose of grading the soil around the foundation is to direct water away from it. If the soil is not properly graded and the soil around the foundation is allowed to become over-saturated, foundation damage due to hydrostatic pressure can occur.
Problems With the Concrete
While soil issues are a prime cause of problems that require some kind of foundation repair solution, problems with the concrete itself are the other major cause of these issues:
- Incorrect Concrete Mixture - Concrete for foundations must be mixed with a specific moisture ratio based on the type of soil it is being poured into. Wetter soils require a drier concrete mix, while drier soils require a wetter mix, in each case so the foundation can cure properly and maintain its integrity afterward. Substantial cracks that need foundation repair are common when the concrete mix is incorrect for the soil after dry soils compress around a drier foundation or wet soils react with a wetter foundation, causing hydrostatic pressure and problems with freezing.
- Rapid Curing - A concrete slab that cures too quickly due to not having enough moisture in the mix can also crack as it dries, with those cracks many times going unnoticed. These cracks can be significant and require foundation repair services to prevent further damage to the structure.
- Voids - Voids in a concrete foundation are air pockets that, when left within the concrete, can collapse and even cause a total failure of the structure.
Do All Cracks Require Foundation Repair?
Since all foundations do settle somewhat once the house is complete, it is not uncommon to see one or two hairline cracks in the foundation as that happens.
In most cases, no foundation repair solutions are required when the foundation settles evenly and there are no symptoms such as leaking or dampness.
Yet in cases where the settling is uneven or other problems exist causing more significant cracks and other problems, repairs are definitely required.
Don’t Put Off Foundation Repairs for Newer Homes!
As unlikely as it might seem, a good percentage of new construction homes require foundation repair due to the problems noted above.
Any owner of a new home noticing cracks, leaks, or other signs of these issues should immediately hire a professional foundation repair service to inspect their home and diagnose the problem.
The best time to implement good foundation repair solutions for a new house is as soon as possible before the damage can worsen and affect the whole structure.
Need Foundation Repair Services in Wichita Kansas?
Contact AAA Basement for All Foundation Repair Needs!
Call 316-844-1615 To Schedule A Service Call!
Check Out Who is Posting This Article!http://www.wicz.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://central.newschannelnebraska.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.1045thedan.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.1077lakefm.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.3wzfm.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.680thefan.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.953hlf.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.967wshv.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.countrylegends1059.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.earl983.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.magic979wtrg.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.maverick1023.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.mykmlk.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.rewind1019.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.southernsportstoday.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.thepodcastpark.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.us983.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://lifestyle.xtra1063.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://metro.newschannelnebraska.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://michigan.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://midplains.newschannelnebraska.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://midwest.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://northeast.newschannelnebraska.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://northeast.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://panhandle.newschannelnebraska.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://plattevalley.newschannelnebraska.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://southeast.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://southwest.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://west.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://www.htv10.tv/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://www.snntv.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://www.wpgxfox28.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://www.wtnzfox43.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs https://www.yournewsnet.com/story/47945288/could-a-new-home-need-foundation-repairs